Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Faith - Receiving Strength through Prayer

Faith # 1 -

On September 15, 2008 I wrote in my journal about how important prayer is to my family. My story alone about myself and the challenges my family faces in caring for me is all about faith and asking for help daily just to get through the day. My mother read to me the Joseph Smith Story at my bedside; a simple act of knowing the truth by a young boy is just as simple as asking Heavenly Father for help at home or where I go.

Even today prayer is a part of my life and my family. We pray for the most simplest things and we pray for the things that we need help to understand. And we also pray for those who stand in need of help. I've been told that we have said our family prayers when I was a baby living in a very old one bedroom house. And today I know that it is true, we have our prayers every morning before I leave on the bus to go to school; Our prayers not only strengthen me but it strengthens my entire family. And I love how it makes me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment