My mom and I are spending time together thinking about the important characteristics of being a mother. I wouldn't know where to begin; I wouldn't know where to start; and if I do become a mom I know it will be sometime when I return home to heaven.
I am grateful for my own mother, she stays up late with me in the evening, she makes sure that my under pants is dry; she makes sure that I don't scrape the skin off my legs against the bed railing; she makes sure that I get enough formula to eat. She makes sure that my hair is washed and that my ahir is combed int he morning before I go to school.
I know that she goes to work to help put food on the table for my siblings, I know that she love serving in the church and she loves playing music. I know my mom always comes to visit me when she comes home from work and asks me every day "how was your day Kapua?" I know she hopes that one day I will reply to her.
But most of all I know my mother enjoys the quiet moments in the evening sitting next to my bed and writing in my journal and hers and listens deeply to know my spirit and what I'd like to say to her. She tries her best always to know my thoughts and do her best in thinking and feeling what I feel. There is not much I can say to her except gaze right back at her with a pleasant countenance and a smile.
I know that her attributes of being a mother is having love and serving. Many times I know she is tired, but I also know that she does her very best to keep me comfortable. This is her way of loving me and making sure that I am loved because of who I am. I hope that one day as I prepare to be a mother I can remember all the love and service she has given me to be a good mother to my children.
Kapua, you really have a special mother, don't you! You are one lucky girl!
ReplyDelete