Friday, November 19, 2010

#3 - Agency one of Gods Greatest Gifts

Agency is one of God's Greatest Gifts. The Lord wants us to be responsible for our own actions, our own decisions, and our own choices. Having agency comes great responsibility. We all must understand the decisions we make consequences will follow.

D&C 82:10 is a favorite scripture of our family and a favorite person scripture for my siblings. We find "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

This powerful scripture gives us the knowledge that if we are obedient, then the Lord promises his blessings upon each of us. But if we we are disobedient, he does not promise us anything, we must accept the consequences for our actions.

My brother Elder Nihipali has expressed often in his letters to us from the mission field the importance of being obedient. His simple words is "if we are obedient the lord follows through on his promise or blessings, if we choose to be disobedient then we should not expect any blessings because of our disobedience.

When it is my turn to the cross the veil I wll be prepared to know that Heavenly Father loves me and he truly wants us to exercise our agency in making the right decisions and choices. Thank you Heavenly Father for this wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment