Good works - Journal Entry
It's November 20th - the Cultural Celebration Day and it's almost 8:00 am this beautiful Saturday Morning. I'm excited about the festivities going on today;
But my parents are helping Tigi Hill this morning do his Eagle Project. They are assisting with a drop-off location, while members of his crew, family and friends, are going around the community and picking up clothing donations for the Parents and Children Together - Ko'olauloa Early Head Start Program.
My family are great examples of providing service and helping others. I'm happy for Tigi for selecting this project and it's been great for everyone in the community that want to help support families. But most of all I am so grateful for my parents who show service without reward and know that service is one of the keys to our salvation. In Mosiah 4:26 we find, ". . . I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants."
Service is the key and providing service willingly is what the gospel teaches us in serving others. Giving service in little ways, in ways that most people do not recognize. My limitations is of service to others in some ways. And "For whosoever chooses to be friend me because of their willingness to serve and show charity, how great shall be their joy." - (thoughts according to me, Kapua).
There are so many people that I am grateful for, there are many examples of service in life that are countless. And great is my joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment