Making wise choices and decisions require searching it to out and asking Heavenly Father if it be right. D&C 9:7-9 clearly provides the things we need to understand and to take care of our problems and study them out through our minds.
My scripture study requires someone reading to me the scriptures. When someone is reading to me I feel at home and at peace. It's the only time that I enjoy being with any member of my family. There are not many decisions that I am faced with now in my life. My limitations don't allow me choose right from wrong. But I can feel the spirit when my family speaks to me and tries to share the scriptures with me.
My experience of regular scripture study is more of peace and comfort to me when I'm listening to someone reading to me. But the experience my family feels while reading the scriptures brings them joy, peace and understanding. Difficult choices that my parents face will eventually come up as I get older especially about who will care for my sister, Moani, and I.
The Lord says in verse 8 that we "must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause your bosom shall burn within you; therefore you shall feel that it is right." I trust my parents and those that care for me that the right choices for me are by following this pattern that the Lord has set for all of us in this scripture.
No comments:
Post a Comment